Tuesday, December 23, 2014

New Year's Resolutions & YOU!

New Year's Resolutions

Over the past few years I've been making my resolutions more specific and...realistic. 

I'm on four years straight of achieving my resolutions...SO this year I'm coming up with something BIG!

What are your resolutions? Try and take a long hard look at them and decide on ones that will better your life. Winning feels good, so do your best to choose ones that you can likely reach. Remember, there is always next year to build onto this year's resolutions!  

Many people lean towards health and fitness. If this is your aim, good for you!  Here are a few tips that will likely help you reach your goals:
1. Change your eating lifestyle, not your diet. Beware of any diet that is impermanent in nature. One example of such a diet would be to eat only protein and cut out carbs. Don't do it! It's bad for you, you'll starve, and you most assuredly gain that weight back! Why? Because you body's relationship with food is not unlike a bad ex! We learn. It's in our nature. If you deprive your body of essential nutrients, it will certainly retaliate and start storing the pounds like a squirrel at Christmas! We all know our ex's are bad for us. We don't need to reduce, reuse, and recycle them! Save that for plastic. 

So as for my resolution. Get ready it's mind blowing...I'm going to meditate every single day for 10 minutes. Not because I'm teaching a yoga class and I have to, but in solitaire where I can gaze inward for a bit. 

Wish me luck! I'll be rooting for you!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment