Tuesday, June 28, 2016

5 lbs lost in 5 weeks


Welcome to my “Overnight Oat” project! I’m happy to report that I was able to shed that last five pounds that just seemed to want to hold on. How did I do it, you ask? I stumbled across a Pinterest (who doesn’t love Pinterest) post about the magic of mason jars and steel cut oatmeal. 
So I gave it a shot. I put all of my favorite goodies in the mix and filled up my mason jars for the week. Each night, I’d fill my mason jar with water (and perhaps some frozen organic blueberries or cherries) and leave it in the fridge. Each morning, I had breakfast ready to serve. One minute in the microwave and DING – breakfast is served!
All in all the time commitment was small, and took minimal preparation.  Some weeks I would vary the ingredients, just to keep it fresh. 
Next thing I knew my clothes were a little looser and my belly a little fuller. So give it a try, it’s a great way to get some of your favorite staples in. Some of my favorites include nuts, dried fruits, cinnamon, brown sugar, coconut, flax seed, cayenne pepper, the list goes on and on. Give it a shot! Your body will thank you for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment