Saturday, November 22, 2014

Setting Intentions. How do I start?

Day one, of my recently set intention, of blogging at a coffee shop. Drizzles of rain and cool air makes for the perfect day to begin. Lucky for me, it's open house and the shop is bustling with smiling faces, laughter, and the sweet smell of the my beloved coffee bean.

Which brings me to the topic of setting intentions. For many years, I operated on a "live each day as it comes" sort of way.  While I'll admit that offers a certain levity, more often I found myself without direction.


There is a celebratory air to achieving intentions.  It's not unlike winning. So, the competitive side of me was all for honing this craft. A way to "do" life.

It wasn't long before I realized that setting and accomplishing goals became contagious.  One runs into the next, and a string of simple intentions often morph into life changing wins.

So how do you start setting intentions? Actually begin? Simple...Start!

Just as I started today's blog by coming to this darling coffee shop to write. So whatever it is you want, decide what it is, name it, and take one small action that will increase the likelihood of it becoming a reality. Do this enough times and soon you'll find your goals at your feet. I'll be rooting for ya!


#intentions

No comments:

Post a Comment