Thursday, September 28, 2017

Confessions of a Carbaholic...



Okay friends, it’s time I admit it. I love sugar. It’s not so much about eating tasty treats, as it is a lifetime of sugary carbs. Don’t get me wrong, I love veggies. I can eat veggies all day long. Ideally paired with carbs, carbs, and more carbs. 
For years I’ve complained about roller coaster energy levels. That’s when I’m not totally juiced up on sugar, that is. No shortage of energy there. Until I invariably crash, that is. Then I need a nap. 
So here’s the basic layout…
9am – I wake up to coffee with sugar and toast (carbs). Feel good. Ready to rumble. 
11am – Totally exhausted. Difficulty concentrating, unmotivated, basically wondering how I’m going to make it to bedtime without a nap. 
12pm – Nap. 
2pm – Realization of where my day went. Better get working. Maybe a low fat granola bar (sugar & carbs) to carry along the energy. 
4pm – Starving. Ravished. So very hungry. No chance of making it to dinner without a snack. Already had a granola bar and want to be mindful of weight. What to eat?!? Out and about with petty tasks and errands and on the lookout for food stuffs. Aha! Jimmy Johns. They have some tasty vegetarian treats to eat. Veggie sub, no mayo, no cheese. (Mostly sugar & carbs.)
7pm – Ready for dinner. Famished. Didn’t have time to hit up the grocery store with that afternoon nap, so probably best to just order Chinese. After all, I love veggies! 
I think you get the idea. So here it is folks, a new leaf. It’s time. My body is crying out for nutrient dense food. I’m ready to get off this ride. 
The plan…less carbs! Scientific, isn’t it? More protein and more fat in my diet, and saving my carbs for dinner. Turns out, it’s just that simple! 
So what do you say, join me for a sweet potato smothered in coconut oil and paprika for breakfast?  

No comments:

Post a Comment